Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On the Independence Day ...

Hello people... This year, independence day was a special ocassion for me.... Today unlike the usual visit to my college, I went to the school where my mom works.... It was a good experience for me.... This is the first time i have ever visited a Government school at a village..... The moment i entered the campus on my vehicle.... They came around me and circled me and were looking at me as if i were a foriegner... The girls were giggling among themselves....;)



Then i went along with my mom into their office room.... And they were even peeping through the windows to take a look at me.... (I assure u that i am absolutely normal :D). Then the children were later assembled into a room.... And they were uncontrollable... It reminded me of the parliament...;) Then a set of students asked my mom to ask me to Sing a Song for them.... My mom asked me to sing stating that it will help silence them... Then i sang 2 hindi songs for them and as it was on Independence day.. I sang song from Lakshya and title track of Phir bhi Dil hai Hindustani... And it was clear that they didnt have a Clue about what was coming out of my Mouth....


Then i tried to explain them what a computer was but i knew they werent ready for any serious stuff... So i stopped making any efforts of Cramming stuff into their Minds.... These were things they didnt care about... While the world is running after them.... They didnt care a speck about who Bill Gates was or what a computer was..... I sincerely feel that awareness levels should rise even in the government schools and they should be able to compete with students passing out from the Corporate schools where their Dads Pay Fat Amounts......

1 comment:

Vivek said...

Yah u r rite Anil...There r many school n villages where ppl donno how they get malaria;there r villages where therez still a tradition of caste discrimination for even fetching a glass of water from a tank...I've seen them vth my eyes buddy...yah, All this development v r talking abt is acheived in real terms only when v implement it in villages...